I've recently finished a large mass of medieval household levy – 49 figures to be precise.
The models are a mix of 80s and 90s Citadel, Marauder, Grenadier, Hobby Products and Foundry, all distinct sculpts, with a lot of little conversions to drag them at-least plausibly into the mid-fifteenth century, with a gentle sprinkle of the fantastic.
They're (mostly) individually based and magnetised into little 3*2 trays; a convenient size I've settled on that lets me use them across a few games. These nine trays make for three units of mixed light and one of heavy infantry for Lion Rampant (with a half unit to spare), or three wider units of mixed household for Hail Caesar. They also fit together into a single block for that classic reason: why not? Perhaps one day I'll find a game that calls for the lot of them together.
I used a semi-Zorn palette of five workhorse colours, that meant dabbling with some slapdash non-metallic metal, and through the process of painting and snapping a few photos I found myself particularly enamoured by the character of the various faces and helmets. It's been a fun process but I'll be moving on to smaller units for the next while.
![]() |
| There's no metal here. Here, there's no metal, alright? |


No comments:
Post a Comment